Johnson House Historic Site - NHL Reopen Day!
Reenactment 2pm; garden and grounds open 1pm – 3pm 6306 Germantown Ave, the SEPTA bus route #23 stops right at the corner
- Reenactment 2pm; garden and grounds open 1pm – 3pm
- 6306 Germantown Ave, the SEPTA bus route #23 stops right at the corner of our museum
- Tickets are free for registered Reopen House Day visitors
- RSVP encouraged: register at email@example.com
- Meet Wendy Burton, who will re-enact Lucy (husband) John Douglass (“Dugles”), African American abolitionists who lived in a in a Germantown “log-cabin”. The Douglasses made shoes, probably with leather from the Johnson’s tannery and were able to work on farms or even as paid servants of Johnsons and others – and also “work the neighborhood”. If John and Lucy openly talked about William Lloyd Garrison, the Liberator paper, and anti-slavery, then there must have been a climate to do so.
- Tours limited to no more than 5 people per group